Gears Of War 2 “Backwards Compatible” Linked Achievements
Cliff Bleszinski made two announcements today at Comic-Con for Gears Of War 2.
1. Steve Jablonsky, composer on films like Transformers and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake, was working on the soundtrack for Gears of War 2.
2. Gears of War 2 would feature “linked Achievements.” In short, goals reached in the original Gears of War will carry over to the sequel, giving the player bonuses. Cliff listed three examples of how linked Achievements will work.
SPOiLER ALERT! LOOK AWAY NOW IF YOU DON’T WISH TO READ SPOiLERS! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
– Complete Act One in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Anthony Carmine in Gears of War 2
– Find 10 COG tags in Gears Of War, unlock Minh Young Kim in Gears of War 2
– Kill Raam in Gears Of War, unlock a playable Raam in Gears of War 2
So what do I think? Freakin’ sweeeeeeeeeet! Bonus points to GoW2!
Posted on July 27, 2008, in Entertainment, Gamer, News, PC, Technology, Video Games, XBox, Xbox 360 and tagged 360, Achievements, Gears of War, Gears of War 2, Xbox 360. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.